Planar Expand Planar DirectLight LED Video Wall System Line with Industry’s Smallest Pixel Pitch
The companies demonstrate their groundbreaking 0.7 millimeter pixel pitch Planar DirectLight model, along with industry-leading LED solutions at Integrated Systems Europe 2018
Today, at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2018, Planar, global leaders in visualization products, announced they are expanding their awardwinning Planar® DirectLight® LED Video Wall System product line to include the smallest fine pitch LED video wall display in the industry—a breakthrough pixel pitch of just 0.7 millimeters. The expanded line, which also includes a new 2.5 millimeter pixel pitch option, will be showcased at ISE 2018, along with several industry-leading LED solutions.
The award-winning Planar DirectLight LED Video Wall System is a family of seamless, fine pitch LED video wall displays that allow for ultra-slim, wall-mounted, front service installations in indoor environments, delivering industry-leading resolution and clarity along with reliability features not before seen in the LED industry. Planar DirectLight incorporates the Planar® DriveSense™ technology delivering the highest pixel density with greater power efficiency.
The Planar DirectLight 0.7 millimeter display breaks new ground as the industry’s smallest pixel pitch LED video wall display, providing high resolution images at the closest viewing distance. The Planar DirectLight 0.7 allows for 4K and 8K resolution video walls in smaller spaces, matching the pixel density seen in traditional control room video walls but with a completely seamless and uniform image. And with the addition of a 2.5 millimeter model, customers now have a wide range of options from which to build high resolution LED video walls tailored to the resolution requirements of almost any indoor environment.
“As the market leader in the growing fine pitch LED video display industry, we continue to set the standard with groundbreaking advancements and industry-leading design,” said Steve Seminario, vice president of product management at Planar. “We’ve been working hard to tailor our displays to meet every customer need, and we’re pleased to showcase our trailblazing technology to the AV industry at ISE 2018.”
Leading-Edge LED Video Walls for Every Need
The popularity of direct view LED video wall technology continues to grow—and Planar offer a full array of choices to fit almost any customer need. These leading-edge solutions from Planar will be showcased at ISE 2018:
- The Planar® VersaLight™ Series, a highly versatile family of LED video wall displays that can turn even the most challenging environments into dramatic, inspirational video walls. With pixel pitches ranging from 2.5 to 8 millimeters, this new modular line of indoor and outdoor LED digital signage displays offers stunning picture quality and ultra-reliable performance.
- The Planar® TVF Series, a family of fine pitch LED video wall displays available in 1.5, 1.8 and 2.5 millimeter pixel pitches. With a 27-inch, slim-profile display cabinet, the Planar TVF Series features front serviceability and a creative, stackable design that eliminates cabinet-to-cabinet cabling and reduces the complexity of installation and vertical alignment.
- Planar® CarbonLight™ LED Displays, a comprehensive line of lightweight, versatile, easy-to-deploy LED video wall displays ideal for indoor rental, staging and fixed-flexible applications.
- The series includes the Planar® CarbonLight™ CLI Series, suitable for hanging and free-standing installations. The Planar CarbonLight CLI Series has expanded to include a 1.9 millimeter pixel pitch option—extending the existing 2.6, 3.9 and 5.2 pixel pitch models. In addition, the Planar CarbonLight CLI Series now offers easy front service to accommodate even swifter service.
- The line also includes the Planar® CarbonLight™ CLM Series, a lightweight, mesh design that delivers a highly transparent appearance with low wind resistance characteristics.
- The Planar® LED MultiTouch, the industry’s first completely seamless interactive LED video wall. Available in 0.7, 0.9 and 1.2 millimeter pixel pitches, this proprietary multitouch solution revolutionizes interactivity for narrow pixel pitch LED video walls without the disadvantages of front glass—offering a seamless, smooth, lightweight and durable LED touch surface that delivers superior visual performance.
- The Planar® TWS Series, a family of versatile ultra-fine pitch LED video wall displays available in 0.9, 1.2, 1.5 and 1.8 millimeter pixel pitches. The Planar TWS Series features a convenient 27-inch diagonal size with an all-in-one design to fit a broad range of environments. The Planar TWS Series is lightweight and easy to handle, making it an attractive solution for applications where traditional, hanging or curved video walls are required.
- The Planar® TWA Series, the first LED video wall solution to feature an innovative flat panel design. Offered as a slim 54-inch cabinet in 0.9, 1.2, 1.4, 1.8 and 2.5 millimeter pitches, the Planar TWA Series delivers the pixel density and form factor to match LCD and rear projection video walls, but with a truly seamless video wall configuration of any size.
The new Planar DirectLight 0.7 and 2.5 millimeter models are available now through Planar’s worldwide network of authorized resellers. Visitors to ISE 2018 can view these and other innovations at the Planar Stand (12-H80).