Leyard and Planar Launch the Industry’s First Seamless LED Touch-Enabled Video Wall at NAB 2017
Leyard showcases patent-pending technology that brings interactivity to LED video walls
Today at the 2017 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show, Leyard, a global leader in visualization products and Planar, a Leyard company launched the Leyard® LED MultiTouch, the industry’s first seamless LED touch-enabled video wall. This proprietary multi-touch solution revolutionizes interactivity for narrow pixel pitch LED video walls without the disadvantages of front glass—offering a seamless, smooth, lightweight and durable LED touch surface that delivers superior visual performance enabled by the patent-pending Leyard® PLTS™ (Pliable LED Touch Surface™) technology.
“Up until now, adding touch to a high resolution LED video wall was an exercise in frustration and compromise for customers. With Leyard LED MultiTouch, we are able to provide the fully integrated and seamless touch experience customers have asked for, without compromising performance or increasing cost-of-ownership,” said Steve Seminario, vice president of product marketing at Leyard and Planar. “We’ve been a leader in video wall and interactive touch technology since the beginning of these categories and we’re pleased to showcase this cutting-edge solution at NAB 2017 to broadcast and AV professionals, helping them display their content to customers in new and innovative ways.”
The Industry’s First Seamless LED Touch Solution
The breakthrough Leyard LED MultiTouch brings advanced interactivity to fine pitch LED video walls, opening up LED display technology to a wide range of collaborative applications that until now were the sole domain of LCD displays. From broadcast to corporate settings to education institutions, Leyard LED MultiTouch offers a seamless touch experience for LED video walls up to 196” diagonal with high resolution 1.2 millimeter pixel pitch. Among the benefits are:
- High-performance touch: The Leyard LED MultiTouch allows for up to 32 simultaneous touch points, enabling multiple users to simultaneously interact with the video wall without affecting other users. The touch experience is accurate and intuitive, with excellent tactile feel and a smooth, anti-static surface.
- Superior image quality: Unlike glass panels, which can trap heat and reflect light, the Leyard LED MultiTouch features proprietary Leyard PLTS technology for an anti-glare surface that eliminates the distracting reflections that can occur in well-lit environments. The display delivers a crisp, high contrast image using the highest quality black LEDs, and maintains uniform color and brightness even when viewed off-axis.
- Durable and easy to service: The Leyard PLTS touch surface material is extremely durable, protecting the video wall from damage that can occur from casual contact or debris getting on the display, while avoiding the heat that is commonly trapped in protective glass installations. The lightweight touch surface can easily be removed and then reapplied, making it easy to service. It is also straightforward to clean, requiring only a simple cleaner and cloth.
- Fits almost any environment: The Leyard LED MultiTouch is lightweight, thin and unobtrusive, making it ideal for almost any environment since it does not dramatically affect the mounting depth of the video wall.
Best-in-Class On-Air Display Solutions
At NAB 2017, the Leyard LED MultiTouch joins several other cutting-edge LED and LCD video wall innovations ideal for the broadcast industry. Together, these solutions address the broadcast media’s need for superb image quality and highly reliable solutions engineered to meet demanding on-camera applications. These innovations include:
- A groundbreaking demonstration of a 27-inch 0.7 millimeter pixel pitch LED video wall display.
- The Leyard® TWA Series, a family of flat panel LED video wall displays that deliver the pixel density and form-factor similar to LCD and rear projection video walls, but with a truly seamless image that can be configured to nearly any size.
- The Leyard® DirectLight® LED Video Wall System, a family of seamless, ultra-fine pitch LED video wall displays that allow for ultra-slim, front service installations in indoor environments and provide reliability features not before seen in the LED industry.
- The Leyard® TVH Series, a line of high-performance, fine pitch LED video walls that offer industry-leading image quality, featuring an advanced design and high reliability for a range of demanding indoor applications.
- Leyard® CarbonLight™ LED Displays, a family of uniquely lightweight, thin, strong and adaptable displays constructed to meet a broad range of creative indoor and outdoor applications.
- The award-winning Clarity® Matrix® with Extreme Narrow Bezel, a 55-inch LCD video wall system with the industry’s smallest tiled bezel width of just 1.7 millimeters. The display sets the standard for LCD video wall installations with a unique architecture and award-winning features.
Leyard LED MultiTouch extends Leyard’s unique LED portfolio at a time when Leyard has assumed the no. 1 position in the growing LED video display industry. In 2016 Leyard was named the market share leader in the $3.5 billion LED video display business, increasing its standing by 10 percentage points over a two-year period, according to a recent report by Futuresource Consulting.
The Leyard LED MultiTouch is scheduled to ship in the third quarter of 2017 through Leyard and Planar’s global network of authorized resellers.
Leyard and Planar will present their latest innovations at Booth #SL4005 at NAB 2017.