Andrew Goodwin is the editor-in-chief of Public, a new magazine focused on public interest design, was interviewed by AIA Architect magazine (January 2015) and he talked about a growing trend of cross-discipline experts.
“There are a lot of what I call ‘slashers’ coming out of school now – architects/designers. You can be writers, designers, advocates, fundraisers, project managers, teachers, and architects all at the same time.”
I have heard other people call them “slashies.” Those people whose talent and experience cannot be contained to a single role, thus their titles become things like…
- screen writer/comedian
- film student/saxophonist
- software trainer/certified nursing assistant
- psychiatrist/professor/master gardener
- web developer/theologian
- golf pro/ski instructor
- hand-craft beer brewer/bike repair specialist
You have undoubtedly seen these compound job descriptions yourself.
Products in Planar’s line-up could also be accused of having slasher/slashie roles themselves. Here are some highlights:
- Clarity® Matrix™: Award-Winning Video Wall/Installer’s Dream
See the features of off-board electronics and power that reduce installation time and expense and reduce downtime.
- Planar® UltraRes™ Series: 4k Display/UHD/Control Freak
See the amazing resolution performance and the free iOS app to control the MediaPlex features.
- Planar® RA Series: Very Narrow Bezel LCD video wall/Economist
Great value and great performance in a video wall tiled display.