Planar DSE 2017 4K Monitor Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. These Official Rules exempt Planar Systems Inc. (“Sponsor”) and other persons from liability or limit their liability, specify the jurisdiction for the resolution of disputes, and contain other important provisions. Participation constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Planar DSE 2017 4K Monitor Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to attendees of the Digital Signage Expo (“DSE”) who: (a) register for and attend a tour of Sponsor’s booth at the DSE; (b) are legal residents of the 50 United States (including District of Columbia); and (c) are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
2. PROMOTION DURATION. The Sweepstakes begins on March 29, 2017 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on March 30, 2017 at 5 p.m. PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER. Before the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will send an email to DSE registrants inviting them to register for a tour of Sponsor’s DSE booth during the Sweepstakes Period (the “Tour”). Entrants who register for and attend the Tour will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes drawing. One entry per person.
Sponsor is not responsible for any expenses incurred by entrants in connection with their participation in the Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZE. One IX2815 4K Monitor, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $499. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS. Within 10 days after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select 1 potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. The potential winner will be notified by telephone or email (in Sponsor’s discretion) within 3 days of the drawing. If a potential winner declines to accept the prize, has violated any of these Official Rules, or fails to sign and return the required documents within the required time period, then an alternate entrant may be selected, at Sponsor’s discretion and if time permits. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
6. AFFIDAVITS. Potential winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned within 10 days. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within 10 days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a potential winner’s disqualification, and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize.
7. WINNER LIST. For a winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Planar Systems, Inc., 1195 NW Compton Dr., Beaverton, OR 97006.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE. Your participation the Sweepstakes (whether or not you are declared the winner) constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use your name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address (“Likeness”) for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes and Sponsor’s products and services, on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, including without limitation, on Sponsor’s website, without review, permission or further compensation (except where prohibited by law). You consent to Sponsor’s use of your Likeness and agree that: (a) no further consideration will be paid to you for such use; (b) consent and release is given without coercion or duress; and (c) this permission is binding upon your heirs and future legal representatives.
9. RELEASE. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you release and hold harmless Sponsor, Sponsor’s suppliers and service providers, and each entity’s officers, members, directors, agents, and employees (“Released Parties”) harmless from any and all losses, costs, liabilities or expenses arising out of or relating to: (a) a claim or cause of action alleging personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property; (b) your participation in the Sweepstakes, including the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize; and (c) Sponsor’s use (or misuse) of your Likeness.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or errors in equipment or programming used in association with the execution of the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections of websites, email servers, internet access, or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) any lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Submissions, whether caused by Sponsor, any entrant, or any technical or other error; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor expects you to save copies of your Submission. If for any reason your Submission is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to award the prize to a winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, amend and modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize based on a random drawing from among the eligible Submissions received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law. If such an attempt is made, Sponsor may seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and only in the appropriate court having jurisdiction in Portland, Oregon; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards against Sponsor shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any conflict of law rules.
14. SPONSOR. Planar Systems, Inc., 1195 NW Compton Dr., Beaverton, OR 97006.