Leyard and Planar Introduce the Planar VM Series, a New Family of Ultra-Narrow Bezel LCD Video Walls
Affordable line of LCD video wall displays with 4K connectivity and 1.8 mm tiled bezel widths for near seamless, high-impact video walls
Leyard and Planar, global leaders in visualization products, today introduced the Planar® VM Series, a new family of extreme and ultra-narrow bezel, high brightness LCD video wall displays. The Planar VM Series is the newest addition to the companies’ extensive line-up of tiled LCD video wall solutions and will be on display at Digital Signage Expo 2018 (DSE) in the Leyard and Planar Booth #2333.
The Planar VM Series is available in 55-inch displays with an extreme-narrow tiled bezel width of 1.8 millimeters (mm) or ultra-narrow tiled bezel width of 3.5 mm for near seamless video walls with 4K at 60Hz connectivity and loop through. The extreme narrow bezel option is available in either 700- or 500-nit brightness.
“The Planar VM Series combines state-of-the-art video wall capabilities with a simple and affordable all-in-one design,” said Steve Seminario, vice president of product marketing at Leyard and Planar. “We are thrilled to bring this new offering to our market-leading video wall line-up.”
Designed for Affordable, High-Impact Video Wall Displays
Leyard and Planar developed the Planar VM Series as a feature-rich, LCD video wall solution option for customers who want the advantages of a high-impact LCD video wall at a budget-friendly price point.
The Planar VM Series features:
- Enhanced brightness of up to 700 nits, producing vibrant images and messaging even in high ambient light conditions. It uses in-plane switching (IPS) panel technology for excellent off-axis viewing and exceptional contrast ratio.
- Tiled bezel widths as small as 1.8 mm or 3.5 mm between adjacent LCD displays offer a nearly seamless video wall solution.
- Fan-less design that can be configured in video wall arrays in landscape or portrait orientation.
- Standard built-in video wall scaling for arrays up to 10x10, mullion compensation, configuration presets and HDCP 2.2 loop through content protection.
- Support for the latest 4K input connectivity standards, including both HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 and OPS, the Open Pluggable Specification for add-in connectivity, compute and play-back devices.
The Planar VM Series is available to order now through Planar and Leyard’s worldwide network of authorized resellers.