Planar and Leyard Showcase Widest Range of Commercial Displays at ISE 2016
Leader in digital display technology demonstrates its latest innovations including LED and LCD video walls solutions, transparent OLED and 4K LCD displays
Planar, a Leyard company and global leader in display and digital signage technology, today announced it will feature its broadest range of displays to date at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2016, including next-generation LED and LCD video wall technology, a newly-launched transparent OLED display and cutting-edge 4K LCD displays. The innovations featured at ISE 2016 include an expanded range of display products following Leyard’s acquisition of Planar in November 2015.
“Leyard’s acquisition of Planar has created new opportunities for innovation that we are proud to demonstrate at the world’s largest AV event,” said Gerry Perkel, president and CEO of Planar and Leyard International. “By combining Planar’s respected product offerings with Leyard’s market-leading position in emerging video wall technologies, we’re able to offer something for nearly every industry and display environment and that range of solutions is evidenced here at ISE 2016.”
Industry-Leading LED Video Walls
On display at ISE 2016 will be the latest LED video wall solutions from Planar and Leyard, featuring advanced technology and design innovations to meet the needs of nearly any LED video wall customer:
- The Planar® DirectLight™ LED Video Wall System, a fine-pitch LED video wall system in four pixel pitches –1.6, 1.9, 2.5 and 3.1 millimeters – providing an exceptional visual experience close up, from a distance and at wide viewing angles.
- The Leyard® TW Series of fine-pitch LED video walls with pixel pitches of 1.2, 1.4, 1.8 and 2.5 millimeters, supporting even the closest viewing distances and featuring a unique and advanced flat panel design for ease of installation, service and high reliability. Both companies will demonstrate a 0.9mm LED video wall solution - showcasing the ultimate in ultra fine-pixel pitch LED video wall technology
Latest LCD Video Wall Innovations
The Planar stand at ISE 2016 will feature multiple advances in the award-winning Clarity® Matrix™ LCD Video Wall System product line including:
- A technology demonstration of an upcoming extreme-narrow bezel Clarity Matrix LCD video wall model, featuring the industry’s smallest tiled bezel width of just 1.4 millimeters.
- The Clarity Matrix Video Wall Fiber Video Extension offering a longer and more secure way to connect Clarity Matrix LCD video wall displays to off-board electronics. With video extension support for up to 300 meters (1,000 feet), this extension provides integrated video over a standard multi-mode or single-mode fiber optic cable, eliminating the need for third-party USB extenders.
- A new Clarity® Matrix™ App allows users to control their Clarity Matrix LCD video walls using their smart phones and tablets. Available for the Android and iOS, this free app enables users to perform basic functions such as turning their Clarity Matrix video walls on and off or switching sources from their own mobile devices.
Revolutionary See-Through Display
Planar will also promote the recently launched Planar® LookThru™ OLED Transparent Display at ISE 2016.This transparent OLED utilizes cutting-edge Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology to eliminate the need for a backlight or enclosure. Transparent OLED technology overcomes one of the major hurdles to transparent LCD display adoption by making it possible to create truly see-through installations unobstructed by enclosures that sit behind the displays.
Cutting-Edge 4K LCD Display Technology
Planar and Leyard will also feature the best in 4K LCD display technology with new features inspired by customers as well as trends in 4K display innovation. This includes:
- The next-generation Planar® UltraRes™ Series includes 75-inch, 84-inch, and 98-inch Ultra HD resolution LCD displays that offer best-in-class visual performance with support for native 4K at up to 60Hz. The displays can be driven by a single HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.2 cable. They also feature built-in Planar® MediaPlex™ Plus processing, allowing for multiple sources to be viewed simultaneously in picture-in-picture, dual, triple or quad layouts without additional processing cost or complexity.
- The Planar® UltraRes™ App, enables users to manage multi-source viewing on their Planar UltraRes Series displays from their smart phones or tablets. The free app allows customers to control the built-in Planar MediaPlex Plus functionality from their Android and iOS devices, including switching between single, dual, triple, quad or picture-in-picture layouts, recalling saved preset configurations and powering their displays on and off.
- The addition of two 50-inch models to the Planar® EP Series of high-performance 4K LCD displays engineered from the ground up for demanding 24x7 commercial environments. With these new standard and interactive touch models, Planar now offers an expanded selection of 4K large format LCD displays in sizes ranging from 28 to 98 inches.
Planar display solutions are available through the company’s global network of authorized resellers. See the latest in display technology from Planar (Stand #3-A75) and Leyard (Stand #11-F90) at ISE 2016.