Planar UltraRes Displays Bring 4K Clarity to Professional Applications
Planar’s new Ultra HD resolution displays are uniquely designed to help professionals across industries reap value from high-resolution information
Today, at the Digital Signage Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, Planar Systems, Inc., a global leader in digital display technology, unveiled the breakthrough 84-inch Planar® UltraRes™ Series display product line, designed for ultra-high resolution commercial applications.
The new Planar UltraRes Series 4K displays provide native ultra–high definition resolution (3840 x 2160), outstanding image quality and a range of configurations. Planar UltraRes Series displays are ideal for professionals in a wide variety of commercial industries who require a large viewing area, very high pixel density and enterprise-level features that allow teams to collaborate around more immersive and detailed visual information.
“In commercial, academic and government settings there is a large and growing volume of ultra-high definition computer and video visual information—along with people making critical decisions based on that information,” said Steve Seminario, senior director of product marketing for Planar Systems. “With Planar UltraRes Series, we’re pleased to be leading the way for what we expect to be wide adoption of 4K resolution displays in these professional settings.”
Making the Most of High-Resolution Information
Planar UltraRes Series 84-inch displays are designed for applications including energy, geospatial, engineering and design, architecture, aerospace, control room, collaborative conference room, medical imaging, science, and digital signage, among others. Whether it’s making a multi-million dollar energy exploration decision, quickly rerouting electricity to prevent an outage or producing stunning close-up video for a retail store, Planar UltraRes Series 4K displays help businesses get the most impact from their high resolution information.
“Our pioneering efforts in video wall technology have resulted in Planar being seen as one of the world’s foremost authorities on 4K,” said Jennifer Davis, vice president of marketing for Planar Systems. “For decades Planar has used ultra high definition content and has been a driving force in display resolutions, going back to our introduction of the industry’s first 16:9 HD resolution rear-projection video wall displays. The exciting Planar UltraRes Series product line is a natural extension of our leadership in commercial markets and our expertise in resolutions beyond HD.”
Planar UltraRes Series Ultra HD displays offer the following benefits:
• Four times the pixel density: Planar UltraRes Series 4K displays offer four times the resolution of a full HD display. With a native resolution of 3840 x 2160, Planar UltraRes Series displays make it possible to view the most granular information with stunningly sharp focus.
• Advanced image quality: Planar UltraRes Series displays feature latest-generation LED-lit LCD technology, selectable dynamic contrast and local dimming for enhanced contrast. Planar UltraRes Series displays also support a full 60Hz refresh rate and10-bit color for an exceedingly life-like video experience.
• Advanced industrial design: Planar UltraRes Series displays provide a sleek design for both function and style. The displays have a slim metal bezel, wide range of digital connectivity options and incorporate failover power supply for 24x7 environments.
• Innovative mounting system: The Planar Profile™ Mounting System allows for an extremely slim profile when wall-mounted (about three inches) and provides a front service access mode. The Planar Profile™ Tiling Kit allows for optimized horizontal tiling of multiple Planar UltraRes Series displays and the industry’s narrowest image-to-image gap for large format 4K displays.
• Breakthrough energy efficiency: Planar UltraRes Series displays come with an advanced energy-efficient design that utilizes edge-lit LED technology and passive cooling. The displays can automatically switch to standby mode when no source is detected and consume less than 0.5 watt of standby power. Planar UltraRes Series displays include no lead or mercury and are fanless and absolutely quiet.
• Modular for easy repair: Planar UltraRes Series displays have lockable, front service access, providing ease of service without removing the display from the wall.
Satisfying a Wide Range of Commercial Needs
Planar UltraRes Series displays come in three base models to suit a variety of commercial requirements:
• UR8450-LX: 2D landscape display ideal for conference and control rooms.
• UR8450-MX: 2D landscape and portrait, higher brightness model designed for digital signage and other higher ambient light environments.
• UR8450-3D: 2D and 3D landscape support, ideal for decision rooms where both 2D and 3D images and video are viewed.
Planar UltraRes Series 4K displays will be available through Planar’s global network of authorized resellers and will begin shipping in the second calendar quarter of 2013.
, UltraRes Displays