Show Us Your Display Engineering Skills
We are growing and currently looking for an Applications Engineer to add to our team.Interesterested or know someone who might be a fit? Contact Bill Hanrahan.
The Applications Engineer (AE) is responsible for teaming with Planar’s Regional Sales Managers and Program Managers to assist customers with the development and implementation of industry leading display solutions. AE’s serve as the primary technical contact to customers for pre- and post-sales technical support. The AE will interact directly with customer’s engineering teams to drive technical discussions about Planar’s existing and potential display platforms. Additionally, the AE will be responsible for providing feedback and following up on technical issues with the Product Management team.
- Provide product presentations and technical qualification of sales opportunities for the Sales Team.
- Provide pre and post-sale integration and application development support to new and existing customer base. Manage the escalation and resolution of customer technical problems partnering with Customer Service as necessary.
- Partner with the Industrial Business Sales Account team to initiate technical discussions with various present and potential customers.
- Make presentations and perform product demonstrations to the customer’s technical decision-makers and assist the Sales team and Manager on sales calls when required.
- Advocate customer needs to the Product Management team.
- Create technical documents in support of sales process.
- Assist the Regional Sales Managers with proposal creation and technical order review.
- Provide technical feedback on enhancements and changes to existing and development products.
- Advise management on issues arising from product development problems identified through communications with the customer.
- Provide preparation and coordination of HW and SW products for use in both short- and long-term customer demonstrations.
- Support marketing activities including trade shows, technical articles, as required.
- Support engineering activities including among others product roll-outs and technical publication review in support of business objectives.
- Minimum of three years of experience generating best in class results in product design, project management or sales engineering, with customer facing responsibility, required.
- Prior experience in the display industry is strongly preferred however systems level experience with video interface and network design is acceptable.
- Prior knowledge of active matrix LCD, passive LCD, Organic LED, Electroluminescence, or vacuum florescent display technologies preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preference for a focus in Engineering or related technical field.
- Proven ability to multitask and be effective in a chaotic environment is essential.
- Good working knowledge of PCs and electronic imaging or graphics, with particular emphasis placed upon knowledge of video controllers, operating systems, device drivers and global safety agency approval standards and processes required for system level products.
- Conversant in system integration issues, connectivity technologies and architectures a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in the creation of specifications for technical and non-technical customers.
- Alignment with customer-intimate philosophy; highly developed team-oriented business partner skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills required.
- Travel as required, at least 50% of the time.
Planar Systems is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Contact Bill Hanrahan for more details.